Have an existing Telemedicine appointment? Please click the link provided via your email confirmation. If you cannot locate the email please call us at:
Welcome to Telemedicine. Patient safety is our top priority. In order to comply with the stay at home order, we are conducting the majority of our appointments via our Telemedicine system.
This Telemedicine system utilizes internet-based videoconferencing, so that patients can meet with their providers virtually. To take advantage of this capability, here is what you should know:
- Telemedicine is not for medical emergencies. Please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room if you feel you are experiencing any of the following emergency medical problems:
- Chest pain or pressure
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Coughing / vomiting blood
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Sudden dizziness, weakness, change in vision, slurred speech, or other neurological changes
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Changes in mental status, such as confusion
- To meet with your provider using our Telemedicine system, you will need to have a regularly scheduled appointment. If you do not already have one, you can easily request one by calling us at: Metairie – (504) 887-7207 or Covington – (985) 647-4144 to arrange one.
- In advance of your appointment, be sure you have access to an internet-enabled computer or smartphone that has video capabilities. Using the Chrome web browser is recommended. Internet Explorer is not supported at this time.
- To access the virtual waiting room in advance of your appointment, simply click the link provided via email and enter your name when prompted.
- Once you’ve entered the virtual waiting room, the clinic staff will be alerted that you are waiting. Similar to an in-person appointment, it may take a few minutes before your provider is ready to see you. Don’t worry, the system is working. We simply ask for your patience as your provider concludes their visit with the previous patient.
Below are some other frequently asked questions that may be helpful to read before your first appointment:
Can I call while driving?
- No, DO NOT CALL WHILE DRIVING. The provider will immediately end the visit if you are driving.
What devices/computers can I use to access the Telemedicine system?
- Our Telemedicine system can be accessed with the most recent versions of most browsers, as well as through most Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and other smartphones.
What do I do if I have trouble connecting?
- We recommend always testing your computer before you connect if you are accessing from a PC or laptop. Our front desk staff can help with connectivity challenges and can be reached at: Metairie – (504) 887-7207 or Covington – (985) 647-4144
What if I get disconnected?
- If your provider does not reappear after a few minutes, simply call the office to determine any needed follow up – Metairie – (504) 887-7207 or Covington – (985) 647-4144.
Will providers have access to my medical record?
- Yes, just as if you were with them in person, your provider will have access to your medical record during your visit.
Can I still get a prescription refill after my Telemedicine consultation?
- Yes, if your provider deems it necessary to write a prescription as a result of your Telemedicine visit, they may do so – just as if you were with them in person.